Dear all, (with apologies for cross-posting)
You will find below the call for papers for the 6th CADAAD conference, to be held in Sicily next year.
With our warm regards
Your ACDC convenors
We are glad to announce that the 5th Critical Approaches to Discourse Analysis across Disciplines Conference (CADAAD) will take place 5-7 September 2016 and will be hosted by the Università di Catania, Sicily.
CADAAD conferences are intended to promote current directions and new developments in cross-disciplinary critical discourse research. We welcome papers which, from a critical-analytical perspective, deal with contemporary social, scientific, political, economic, or professional discourses and genres. Possible topics include but are by no means limited to the following:
- (New) Media discourses
- Party political discourse
- Institutional discourse
- Power and identity in discourse
- Discourses of conflict and aggression
- Discourses of migration/integration
- Language and gender/sexuality
- Nationalist discourses
- Discourses of education
- Discourses of the environment
- Discourses of health and mental health
- Discourses of business and economics
- Language and the law
Within discourse contexts such as those listed above, we especially welcome papers which re-examine existing frameworks for critical discourse research and/or which highlight and apply new methodologies sourced from anywhere across the humanities, social and cognitive sciences including but without being limited to:
- Cognitive Linguistics
- Conversation and Discourse Analysis
- Corpus Linguistics
- Discursive Psychology
- Ethnography of Communication
- Forensic Linguistics
- Functional Linguistics
- Media and Mass Communication Studies
- Political Science
- Pragmatics and Argumentation Theory
Reflecting the diversity of topics and approaches in critical discourse studies, the following distinguished guests have confirmed their participation as plenary speakers:
- Maria Carmela Agodi, Professor in Sociology at Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II
- Jannis Androutsopoulos, Professor of German and media linguistics at Universität Hamburg
- Norman Fairclough, Professor Emeritus at Lancaster University
- Nelya Koteyko, Reader in Applied Linguistics at Queen Mary University of London
- Gerlinde Mautner, Professor in English Business Communication at Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien
- Alan Partington, Professor in English linguistics at Università di Bologna
All papers will be allocated 20 minutes plus 10 minutes for questions. The language of the conference is English.
Abstracts of up to 350 words excluding references should be sent as MS Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15 December 2015. Please include in the body of the email but not in the abstract itself (1) your name, (2) affiliation and (3) email address. Notifications of acceptance will be communicated by 1 March 2016.
In addition to individual papers, panel proposals may also be submitted. Further details are available at: http://www.cadaad.net/panel_proposals.
Selected papers will be published in a thematically arranged volume to be submitted to an international publisher. Other selected papers will appear in a proceedings issue of the CADAAD journal.